Secrets of Tone Seminar
What You Will Learn
The seminar will be both theoretical and practical. Not only will I explain how guitars/amps/effects work and interact together to create what we call "tone", but I am going to demonstrate on the spot the difference in sound by playing and tweaking the gear in real time. You are going to get real knowledge on how to manipulate your tone that you can apply immediately even with inexpensive equipment.
Here is a short non-comprehensive list of what we are going to cover:
- Basics of Acoustics: how room and volume influence the tone
- Guitars: elements of tone (wood, Pickups...), and how to set up your own guitar for best results
- Amplifiers: Combo vs Stack vs Rack. Power and volume. Tubes vs Solid State. Effects Loop, Cab, Cones.
- Effects: Dynamic-based vs Time-Based
- Effects order
- True Bypass or not?
- What Distortion is and how to control it. Is it better to get distortion from the amp or from a pedal?
- Overdrive vs Booster vs Distortion vs Fuzz
- Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, Tremolo, Delay, Reverb
- Volume pedals and Wah pedals
- Alimentation, Noise, Troubleshooting
- How to make your gear work live and in the studio
"But", you might be saying "I do not have the same gear as you have. How can I learn to tweak MY gear?". Good question! Of course, I am going to teach you principles that apply to any piece of gear, but I want to do more than that. This is why I thought of BYOP ("Bring Your Own Pedal"): an exciting feature that will allow you to learn more about YOUR own gear, and also to see what other people are using and listen to it! Every participant to the seminar can bring a pedal (only non-programmable analog pedals, ask if in doubt) and I will show you how to dial in different sounds with it on the spot! You can show off your vintage pedals too if you like :-)
Where, When, How
The seminar will be held at the Edmonton Guitar Studio (10917 University ave) on Sunday June 10th at 1pm, and it will be 4h long. Yes, you read it correctly. :-)
Due to the need of personal interaction with the teachers, the places available for this seminar are limited. All places are assigned on a first-arrived first-served basis. You can pre-register for the seminar here:
All sales are final, no refund is possible after booking your place.
Download here your FREE copy of the eBook "Your First Guitar Chords And How To Move Fluidly Between Them" (Video Lesson Included!)
Your email is kept 100% private and confidential and will NOT be shared, rented or sold. There's no obligation to buy anything.
Give your loved ones the gift of music! Click here to get our GIFT CARDS